On May 12 has been officially opened the Centre for Information and Communication Dolj – Vratsa Regional Library to “Hristo Botev”. Since March 2013 Regional Library “Hristo Botev” Vratsa is a partner in a Cross Border Cooperation Programme Romania and Bulgaria 2007-2013 together with the District of Dolj leading partner County Library “Alexandru and Aristia Aman” in the city of Craiova and Vratsa District Administration. One of the main objectives of the project is to create a Romanian-Bulgarian cultural – information centers in the towns of Vratsa and Craiova. This citizens of Vratsa region will be free to use the Internet and videoconferencing services in the information center . In this way we aim both communities to learn about each other with the life and culture of the people of the neighboring country, with opportunities for tourism and business to be able to discuss and solve common problems.
We created a common web portal
between the two largest public libraries in the two border areas – Vratsa and Dolj. Thanks to the scanner for digitization, which has been gained in this project, we will provide free access to the cultural wealth of valuable collections of both libraries to the population of Bulgaria and Romania. Along with the creation of a digital library, the site will provide information on everything happening within the two border district – in the fields of culture, business and tourism. The site is available in three languages - Romanian, Bulgarian and English.
Regional Library “Hristo Botev” will digitize five collections in the section “Local History”:
1. A collection of photo cards and pictures from the past of Vratsa region. They are divided thematically and include natural and cultural attractions, holiday calendar, customs and traditions, personalities and more.
2. A collection of authentic folk records of the region, preserved of video and audio media till now;
3. Collection of local periodicals – commemorative sheets, collections and almanacs.
4. Series “Homeland” – collections of folklore materials from around Vratsa end series “Legacy” – collections of materials submitted during the years of regional studies Regional Conference “Last of the homeland – a message to the future” and all presentations and pictures records provided to us in these conferences.
5. Valuable collection of the life and work of Hristo Botev, which includes documents related to the tradition of celebrations Botev Vratsa, posters, invitations, programs, campaign “Plant-Okolchitsa” and others.